Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What is healing?

Most of us have been hurt in life.  Rather it was a dysfunctional family, relationship, accident, disease , bullying or even a thoughtless comment most of us carry the wounds either internally or externally.

So how do we begin to heal?  Where do we start when we think there is no hope?  I think one of the first steps is loving yourself or learning to be your best friend.  I can think of so many time I have said mean, rude and hurtful comments to myself.  Things I would NEVER say to another person.  So why have I said them to myself?  Because deep down I didn't believe that I had the right to be whole, happy, loved, respected.  We all have the right to be valued, happy loved and respected.  Listen to your inner talk and it will tell you where you need to begin your healing.  Here is an example of degrading things I have said to myself, and an example of the new inner speak I am working on.

OLD                                                                                                 NEW
I am fat and disgusting.                                                            I am vibrant and healthy!

I am unlovable no one likes me.                                              I am lovable and well liked!

I am difficult.                                                                           I am a unique person!

Who do I think I am to pursue my dreams.                            I have the right to pursue my dreams!

Its to hard, I can't do it.                                                           If one person can do it, it can be done.
                                                                                                I can do it!

What is your inner speak?  Are you kind and loving to yourself or do you tear yourself down?  Maybe your inner speak is so automatic that you are not even aware of what you are saying.  Try to be conscious of your inner dialogue.  Write down the things you are saying to yourself on a daily basis.  If the things you say to yourself are mean or degrading see if you can counter your inner speak to loving and supportive words.  Think of a dear friend who came to you in pain.  Would you say mean and harmful words or you would say loving and comforting words?  See if you can do this for yourself.  It is one of the first steps in loving yourself!  Love and hugs, Cheryl  

2 comments:

  1. So true, Cheryl. I'm beginning to heal myself, and it's because I'm finally practising self-love and -compassion. Nourish your inner child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen! I am so glad to hear you are healing your soul!!

    ReplyDelete