Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Everyone has the right to heal

Starting this blog has been on my mind for a long time...so here goes!

Recently I left a job that I held for 10 years because the hours I worked were in the middle of the night.  Although I really enjoyed my job, in my personal life, I just was not functioning in a healthy way.  Because I never got 8 hours of straight sleep I was always tired.  I quit cooking healthy meals and started eating what was easy to obtain, usually take out or something out of a can.  I gained weight, my blood sugar and cholesterol shot up and I basically felt like a slug.  I quit taking care of my body and my soul.  It seemed like all I did was eat and sleep.  That is no life for anyone.  It didn't take much soul searching for the answer to reach me, "Its time for you to move on Cheryl."

Choosing to change is a very scary thing indeed.  Even though my life was not all that I wanted it to be, there was a certain comfort in knowing what to expect day in and day out.  I have started this blog because it is time for me to Heal Thrive and Grow.  My therapist (oh yeah I have one) believes that everyone has the right to heal.  I agree with her, but want to take it further and say that everyone has the right to Heal Thrive and Grow.  In this blog I will be sharing tools that have and are helping me along this journey.  It is a journey that will continue throughout my life and my hope is that those of you reading this blog will find the inspiration and courage to do the same.  There are many paths to HTG, no two are the same.  What works for one person, may not work for another.  I would like us all to be gentle with each other in this process.  If you leave a comment or respond to another's comment please do it with love and consideration.  We can build an online community that is loving and supportive as we all strive to become our better selves.  Love and hugs, Cheryl

10 comments:

  1. Hi I love you philosophy and will try and follow your blog when I can ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Julia, glad to have you on this wonderful journey!

      Delete
  2. Following you, Cheryl. My first blog follow! I know it will be great☆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you, Cheryl. My first blog follow! I know it will be great☆

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was wonderful to read Cheryl..all of it. We have all, at one time or another, been in the midst of healing, Me personally, several things... Thank you for the inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene, so glad you are healing!!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. For me you have always been inspirational. Your love and compassion for animals, your love and passion for gemstones and as an educator, your kind and highly spirited demeanor...you are a burst of sunshine!
    I will continue to follow; meanwhile need to work in the healing part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, I am so to have you read my blog! We ALL need HTG. Please know that it is your divine right to heal. Welcome to a community of like minded people. It is a tough but rewarding journey. Let this blog be your support!

      Delete